Thanks to the Labor Day Holiday, the BF and I finally had the time to do a movie marathon at home. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Campaign, and Wreck It Ralph made up our playlist. Of course I took the opportunity to do some baking. It's been a month since I did the Carrot Muffin recipe and boy was I really excited to get my oven running again. I downloaded some recipes from the web and got this Brownie Cookie. Good thing I have all the ingredients available in my storage.
Notice that my cookies were bigger than the normal size. I may have done something wrong but I have yet to figure it out.
Recipe adapted from Oxmoor House October 2009 through MyRecipes.Com
1/2 cup butter
4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares, chopped (I used bittersweet)
3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chopped pecans, toasted (I used walnuts)
1. Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt; cool.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating well. Add chocolate mixture; beat well. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels and pecans.
4. Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
5. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Post a Comment